Yesterday my grandson took me for a walk and he taught me a few life lessons.
1. There is always time for a walk. Why stand on the inside looking out at the world just open the door and go for a walk.
2. Be careful to choose the right stick to carry. Not too big, so its to hard to carry, not too small either in case you run into a bear, one that is just right.
3. Keep trying new things. If it tastes good, eat it, if not spit it out and try something new.
4. Wave Hi to everyone you meet. It lets them know you are a friendly sort of person, a fun person to be around.
5. Laugh at things that are silly. It makes people laugh and smile, a better day for everyone.
6. Play games. Peek a Boo is best and keep away with the ball is fun too.
7. It’s okay to cry when you get hurt. A hug and kiss from someone who loves you always makes it hurt a little less.
8. When you see Mom coming be sure to run to say Hi, it makes her smile.
9. Point to things you want to know more about and people will help you learn.
10. Naptime is not just for toddlers, it is good for grandmas too.
The Sidebar Review
November 3, 2010 at 8:51 pm
This is so sweet! I love the post itself almost as much as the photo! 🙂
November 3, 2010 at 10:53 pm
Thanks Tyler, Now you know why I love Tuesdays with Jack so much!
November 3, 2010 at 10:09 pm
How old is our grandson? I just went for a walk with my great-nephew who looks like he is the same age. Stephen is 17 months and loves life like your precious grandson. You’ve inspired me to do a “go for a walk post” as well.
November 3, 2010 at 10:57 pm
Grandson Jack just turned 15 months yesterday. I have the pleasure of taking care of him each Tuesday while his Mom attends college.
November 8, 2010 at 6:52 am
I love this! Wise Toddler he is! I think I’m gonna have to put “his” rules on my fridge to remind me later 🙂
Blessings to you all.