Day number three and counting. For student pilots this is a weather description you would rather not see if you planned on flying. It means that the cloud ceiling is 100ft above ground level and not fit for flying. This past week I have scheduled two lessons to prepare for my checkride (flight test). Both have had to be canceled due to fog. The forecast for tomorrow is more of the same. They updated the forecast from 50% chance of rain to 90%.
I noticed as the number of foggy days increases the overall attitude of the employees and customers at work has deteriorated. No sunshine for day number four tomorrow. The last time we had a weather pattern like this last winter I told my husband that if I didn’t see the sun soon I was going to look for the nearest sunny weather and start driving that direction until I found it and I wasn’t coming home until sun was in the forecast at home as well. The sun came out the next day so no road trip.
I would love to get on a plane at this point in time and fly to a flight school where sunshine abounds and spend a few days flying and then schedule my checkride, hopefully pass my test and then fly back home. It seems like such a long process to finish up with all the weather interruptions. I have one lesson and then it seems like weeks before I get a second one and then everything we worked on and improved on has to be worked on once again.
Oh well, there is always next week. Spring and summer have to eventually arrive in Minnesota.